The library has a variety of different resources for students and staff. Often students are required to have an oral presentation component to a project. With so many resources available for students on the web and not all of them appropriate for academic use, it is important to have quality video databases that will help fulfill this need. By visiting the library website: http://teachers.natickps.org/webpages/npsnhslibrary/ students can access two video databases that will aide in their academic work.
FACTS ON FILE STREAMING VIDEO Classroom Video On Demand is a state-of-the-art streaming video platform that makes it easier than ever to incorporate outstanding educational programs from Facts On File and Films Media Group into your classroom or library. It provides an up-to-date, cross-curricular digital library that spans high school, advanced placement and college needs. Videos are available in segments so students can choose videos that are of appropriate length to insert into presentations. The database spans all academic areas, from art to world history to biology; there is a subject for everyone. Students can access the database on campus and with a username and password off campus.
NBC Learn is a rich, dynamic, and innovative resource that provides thousands of historic news reports, current events stories, original content, primary source documents, and other digital media specifically designed to help teach and engage students of all levels and abilities.
· Over 10,000 resources - short 2 to 5 minute videos are engaging, relevant and inspiring, and help students develop critical thinking skills.
· Current events - updated daily Monday-Friday, use these resources to help connect the real world to the classroom.
· Aligned to state standards and the common core - search titles by state, subject, and grade level.
· Mapped to curriculum - resources aligned to 28 K-12 subject areas including Social Studies, Science, Business and Personal Finance, Language Arts, and Health & Wellness.
· Personal playlists - keep resources organized or share them with others.
· Safe and trustworthy - each resource is selected to be K-12 appropriate, and held to the highest NBC News Standards and Practices.
· Interactive CueCard - patent pending media player makes downloading, annotating, citing and embedding resources fun and easy.
· Emmy award-winning original video - NBC Learn series including "Science of NFL Football," "Science of the Olympic Winter Games," "Chemistry NOW!" and "Finishing the Dream: Learning from the Civil Rights Era."